Beanworks Solutions Inc. (“Beanworks”) is a rapid growth company on a mission to empower accounting teams to succeed. We are revolutionizing the world of accounting software by disrupting traditional solutions with elegant, cloud-based Accounts Payable Automation software. As we scale, our small, powerful and growing Bean Team needs you!
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join this exciting team as we continue to grow and deliver quality and innovative products to our customers!
What You'll Do:
- Work with the customer to understand their functional objectives, and empathize their pain points
- Identify the needs of the users, the business opportunities that exist to fulfill these needs, and the core features that help make the solution a success
- Anticipate what the customer wants next
- Lead requirements specification as a collaborative process between internal departments and other stakeholders
- Clearly articulate and document the problem to be solved as a User Story and its importance to customers, to the market, and to the business.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Ensure that new products and features are effectively communicated and showcased throughout the company by collaborating with Engineering, Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales.
- Lead communication on critical launch dates with the company and customers
- Effectively communicate priority changes, and the reasoning behind them, to stakeholders
- Collaboratively define and drive the company's product strategy and roadmap
- Ensure that prioritization decisions are made using a transparent prioritization framework
- Make decisions backed by data
Bonus if you:
- You have product experience in accounting or payments software.
- Product experience in Mobile applications
- Experience with support software (Intercom) and CRM (Salesforce).
- CSPO Certification
Who You Are:
- Minimum BA / BS degree from a four-year accredited university
- 2-3 years of Product Management experience bringing SaaS products to market
- 1-2 years of Agile Product Development (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience creating and executing on go-to-market strategies.
- Solid understanding of SaaS Metrics
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Knowledge of UX best practices
At Beanworks everyone’s work matters and our team is encouraged to take complete ownership of their jobs. People who join the BeanTeam are smart, driven and keen to solve meaty problems with a team of like minded individuals. To be a Bean means you are not satisfied by just meeting a target, but you strive to exceed it. We take time to celebrate our wins together because we succeed or fail as a team - we are not a place for lone wolves. We don’t claim to have all the answers, so all Beans are empowered to challenge the status quo in order to best support the company vision. If taking on these challenges excite you, and you genuinely resonate with the values of ownership, team based success, striving to exceed expectations and have the courage to challenge the status quo, then you may just be a Bean.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, the whole company is working remotely, and there are options to be mainly in-office or mainly remote while we reopen during the pandemic.
- Our office is situated in the heart of Yaletown on the west side of Hamilton Street between Helmcken and Davie Street, surrounded by many of the city’s finest restaurants, hotels, and retailers, and a two minute walk from the Yaletown Roundhouse SkyTrain station.
- Excellent extended health benefits
- We are family friendly and offer remote working options
- Yearly professional development budget
- We actively pursue a balanced workforce and know that diversity is essential to our success
- We have weekly, monthly, and quarterly all-hands meetings to connect, communicate, and celebrate our wins
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your email contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.